If you follow these links, you'll leave my site. If you find a broken link, please let me know.
- Interface Hall of Shame. How not to design graphical user interfaces. With lots of examples, and special sections devoted to particularly miserable designs.
- Unmaintainable Code How to write unmaintainable code, and create employment opportunities for maintance programmers. With lots of examples and tips, but also with enlightening backgrounders.
- IOCCC. International Obfuscated C Coding Contest. Why cowboy coders just love C.
- Flame Warriors. Depicting newsgroup personalities.
- Deja.com. Usenet newsgroups (now hosted by Google).
- MSDN library on the web. Documentation, backgrounders, specifications, articles, books and how-tos on everything from Redmond.
- The Language List. A very long page with a list of programming languages you've never heard of.
- Data Structures and Algorithms. Link says it all.
- The Jargon Lexicon. IT-Jargon and buzzwords explained, with a few rants.
- The Angry Coder. Speaking out on various IT-related topics.
- Joel on Software. Joel Spolsky's site on painless software management.
- Open Source Initiative. So what?
- The Art of Unix Programming Eric S. Raymond on programming on Unix
- Raymond Chen. Not actually a .NET blog.
- Joel On Software Joel Spolsky's blog on software development.
- Eric Lippert Fabulous Adventures in Coding
- Stan Lippman C++/CLI and related
- The .NET Framework Runtime. Microsoft .NET Framework Redistributables, various versions.
- The .NET Framework Class Library. Microsoft .NET Framework Class Library documentation.
- GotDotNet. Microsoft .NET quick start. A practical introduction into the CLR, the .NET framework, ASP.NET, Windows Forms, and more.
- VB.NET for the VB6 Developer (unavailable). Bob Butler's intro to VB.NET, mainly focussing on migration issues.
- C# Corner Code, samples, articles on C# and VB.NET.
- C#.org. More on C#.
- Bruce McKinney's Hardcore Visual Basic. Bruce McKinneys Hardcore Visual Basic - Visual Basic with an attitude - full text on the web.
- VB Developers Ressource Centre. A vast ressource for information on how to use the Windows API in VB - detailed, commented code compiling to instructive samples.
- Common Controls Replacement Project. Quality replacements for the Common Controls library.
- The Web Design Group. Help and reference on HTML and Cascading Stylesheets.
- World Wide Web Consortium (w3.org). The internet's standards body for HTML, XML, the DOM, style sheets, and so on.
- mezzoblue. A weblog on web design.
- Amnesty International Human Rights.
- Dictionary.com. Terms, terms, terms.
- German/English dictionary. Translates both ways.
- Cocktails. Recipes for more than 8000 cocktails (in German).
- SatireWire. Satire, newspaper style.
- BBSpot. Geek Humour.
- The Dilbert Zone. Office Humor.
- Paperball. Lets you research German newspapers.
- Politik Digital. German politics on the web - statistics, polls, elections, parties.
- David D. Friedman. David D. Friedman's site on law, economics, and libertarianism.
- I, Cringely. Robert X. Cringely's comments on technology, politics, and the like.
- Dispatches from the Frozen North. A weblog from Minnesota.
- Localhost. Your local host.